October 27, 2010

AN OLD-FASHIONED KIND OF LOVE - cutting the cake



 


Soon after the parent dances, it was time to cut the wedding cake!


Our cake was made by Denise, and was delicious - it had a different flavour on each tier, but the only one I can remember is white chocolate with raspberry filling.  Mmmmm....

 

The topper, if you recall, was handmade by me, our of paper maché and vintage wedding gown/veil/millnery bits.  I was afraid it would be too big for the original cake design (which had three narrower tiers), but we took the same amount of cake and put it on 2 wider tiers instead.  The topper base was covered to match the fondant below.  Our crystal-topper knife and serving set were a gift from my mother.



The DJ played the song I had requested, which was "If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a cake."   I had warned Mr. Shortcake that any face-smushing would be grounds for annulment, and we fed it to each other nicely, if not a littly sloppily. :)







Now on a sugar high, and with the worries of the day behind me, I was deliriously happy.




No comments: