November 4, 2007

you gotta love a '50s bride...





Or at least, I know I do!

I love the frothy tulle, the chantilly and French lace, the little pearl beads....the whole "bouffant" beauty of 1950's wedding dresses. To me, a 1950's dress *IS* a wedding dress...it's the vision that little girls carry around in their heads of what a bride wears on her big day. I just decided to roll with that vision instead of abandoning it because I had grown up!

Totally in tune with my fascination with vintage weddings, my adorable parents bought me "Maria Therese" - the retired 1950's bride from the Silkstone barbie collection. I've always been the frou-frou girly girly with three hundred + barbies, so maybe this is where my love of vintage brides came from. Maybe.


Isn't she gorgeous though? Love!


No comments: