April 10, 2008

Fit to Be Tied: MSW Spring 08

I was delighted when I opened the new spring issue of Martha Stewart Weddings.







Not only


A) Did I finally have my grubby little paws on a copy


B) Did she have whole spread on a 1950s vintage wedding in " A Return to Glamour"


C) Did my new colour palette appear every where in the magazine (ballet pink, white, buttercream yellow, mustard, grey, charcoal, tiffany green)



D) She had a whole article about ribbons!



Ribbons are beautiful, silky creatures. I like ribbons. I love ribbons. I love ribbons almost as much as Miss Lovebug does, although I haven't entered a 12 step program for my addiction yet.




Yet.



Bridesmaid's Bouquet wraps?


from: http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=46913ab75a6b3110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=ribbon&rsc=header_18

Ribbon.


Seating chart?



Ribbon.

Charm Cake for the Bridal Shower?
(from Martha Stewart)
Ribbon.

Bride's bouquet wrap?

(from Martha Stewart)
(Love-knotted) Ribbon.

Invitation wrap?

Technically a secret, but I think you can guess. =)



Garter-in-progress?

Ribbon.

Embellishment for whatever shoes I get?


(blue print image)
Ribbon.


Headbands for the junior bridesmaids?
So, umm, yeah, there will be a LOT of ribbon at our wedding...and yet, I feel the need for more :)
How are you using ribbons?

No comments: