April 15, 2008

Shhhwwiiing!


(Dolly Lamour)


During the wedding planning, nothing has perked Mr. Shortcake's interest so much as what I'll be wearing under there. He's already seen my enormous petticoat and hoop skirt (and is baffled as to just how he's going to be able to dance cheek-to-cheek with me...hehe), but I did let it slip that I might, just might, be wearing full-on old-fashioned garters and stockings beneath the mass of tulle.

 


Did you say stockings?

 




 


Shhhwwwiiingg!

 


Stockings and garters are such a retro pinup look, and they're SOOOOOO sexy:

 




I've found some good sources for fully-fashioned stockings so far, at:

 



 



 



 



 





But I'm wondering, what if the clips 'ping' and my stockings fall down? There's no way I'll be able to fix it without having somone diving beneath my sub-tulle-ean layers to fix it, and I haven't been able to find a clutch that fits an oxygen tank for such an occasian. :)


Has anyone worn garters and stockings before? Are there any tips or hints you can give me so as to prevent deep-dress-diving at the reception?


 


No comments: