May 28, 2008

Sub Species "Crepida bellus"/ LOOK AT MY SHOES!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Good morning, class!


Thank you so much for doing Monday's homework, I am very impressed with your choices, but need some additional time for marking your assignments.


*sit down beanchar, no you may NOT go to the bathroom right now*
 
Now, where was I? Oh yes. If you remember our previous class on pretti-pedi-ology, we discussed how environmental warming had lead to a decline in the numbers of pink, sparkly, low-heeled shoes roaming the North American suburban landscape.


This magnificent species has been so decimated that certain sub-groups have been wiped out entirely, leading some researchers to conclude that new, alternative shoe families will have to fill that glittery rose ecological niche.


One such family, the so-called "wannabe vintage shoe" seems to be on the rise, and shows promising signs of filling such a vast footprint.


SLIDE ONE:


1950s strappy peep-toe heels (image source lost)


 


Note the flirty peep-toe and delicate ankle straps - combined with a spike heel, these shoes guarantee the survival of not only their own kind, but of other species as well!


Let us return to the rest of the slides after a short break.


* yes, beanchar, now you can go* "


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 


 


 


So I found my wedding shoes. At last. They aren't pink, they aren't covered in sparkles, and they have a heel (almost 2 inches - Mr. Shortcake will just have to deal!)...and I like them. :D


Finding a shoe that fit the above criteria was hard enough. Throw into the mix that I have differently sized (9 and a 9 1/2) and uber narrow feet - as well as knobby big toes and high arches - and the search for THE shoe became impossibly frustrating.


Then, on my way to work, I decided to pop into a nearby shoe store, and found THEM.


My 1950s-inspired strappy peep-toe heels with sling backs and ankle straps.


They're silver, narrow, fit BOTH of my feet, and, most imporantly, are comfortable. They don't need breaking in, I've already worn them covertly at work, and my feet aren't bruised, blistered, or beleaguered. AND they were on sale!


If that doesn't deserve a WOOT! WOOT!, I don't know what does! :D


To add sugar to my bowl of choco puffs, my super sweet, amazingly generous senior citizen friend and coworker lent me her mother's 1930s silver and crystal shoe clips - more on that, and her other random acts of pre-marital kindness later.


 


Drum roll please!


.


.


.


 


My shoes!



The clips are much sparklier in person. Is it just me, or aren't they totally reminiscent of strawberries? :D





What species did you catch?



 


No comments: