June 24, 2008

Tickle Me Ivory - The Best Gift Ever

My great love, (besides Mr. Shortcake, Harvey, my family, pink, baked goods, gardening ,sparkles, etc :)) is music. I sing (too much), and strum my father's beautiful and old 1969 guitar when the mood strikes, but my real love has and has always been the piano.


(image source here)


I've been playing since I was eleven, and "tickling the ivories" for me has always been the ultimate stress reliever. There's nothing quite like pounding away any anger in Chopin's majestic Polonaise, or drowning any depressing thoughts in Beethoven's hauntingly beautiful "Moonlight Sonata." It's hard to be anything but the music when I play the piano. It's hard to be anything but angry/depressed/stressed without one in Winnipeg. :(

However, after my bridal shower (more on that later), my mom took me aside and whispered that they were planning to make an addition to our wedding gift -




(not my piano, but a very similar one... image from here)


- the family piano!

And she was worried it would make a lame gift.

BEST GIFT EVER!!


Have any of you received an unexpected, but totally welcomed gift from your family?

No comments: