July 2, 2008

SHORTIE DIYS: Gifts for the Bridal Posse

For me, like for many brides, there was definitely a temptation to go too far on bridesmaid gifts.  But, as Mr. Shortcake succinctly noted,

"You're thanking them for being bridesmaids - not paying them."

Wise man, that one.  I should marry him. :) Nevertheless, My bridesmaids are still receiving quite the haul:



Each bridal posse member will receive:

  • a petal-pink pashmina shawl to coordinate with their dresses and keep their necks warm throughout the winter
  • a monogrammed set of  polka-dotted note cards
  • a monogrammed polka dot tin (which will hold earrings)
  • the above-mentioned freshwater pearl earrings I made a while back
  • a monogrammed magnetic polka-dotted note pad
  • a handmade ipod holder (containing a freshwater pearl necklace I bought in Hawaii - not an ipod :D) ...each ipod holder (and lining) was made to match the colour scheme of the "monogrammed" pieces, and closes with a ribbon and vintage button closure!

I'm really pleased with how they turned out !

(P.S. Ignore the plastic wrap - that was for their journey to BC via WestJet - I didn't want my davines  all over them!):

 For Mr. Shortcake's sister:



For Youngest Sister Shortcake - a dinosaur holder because she always says "raaappptorr"  at the most inappropriate moments (aren't family in-jokes so WEIRD?)



For Sister Shortcake, my MOH - a shark, for her all-time favorite animal (since she was a toddler - MY FAMILY IS SO WEIRD :) )





Then I wrapped them all up according to gift recipient (aqua and magenta for MOH, green and petal for bridesmaids ), and made sure to write their name discreetly on the bottom of the bag for quick identification at our rehearsal dinner.

 

All ready for unwrapping! (The tissue pomanders were left over from my amazing bridal shower - more on that later)

I put a lot of time and effort into their gifts, so I really, really hope my bridesmaids enjoy them.

I would have loved to give them each, say, a Mercedes and a trip to the Dominican Republic, but Mr. Shortcake put his foot down and said that we're only giving away tropical trips to people for Christmas this year. ;)

Did anyone else DIY  part of their bridesmaid gifts?

No comments: