December 4, 2007

"The one on the right is sold, but I'm offering my left kidney in exchange for...."

{IMAGE SOURCE}

Like a good kiss, ballerina length wedding dresses, like these ones made by Stephanie Jones, make me weak in the knees. SO perfect for an informal wedding - like a garden party, or a quickie marriage at city hall.


{IMAGE SOURCE}

The best bouquets for these dresses would be small nosegays or posies, or even a small prayerbook or a heriloom hankie. Pair with short gloves, and top with a wee hat and a birdcage veil - Sweet!

{IMAGE SOURCE}


However, although these vintage-inspired dresses are the epitome of adorable, and I would sell my left kidney to wear them everyday, I have reservations about wearing a short gown on one of the only days of my life when it's okay to wear a huge gown.

Does anyone else feel pressured to go "all out" because you only get to "do this once" ?


No comments: