January 16, 2008

shortcake inspiration board, take #1 : the following post may cause cavities




Like many other brides (and bees), choosing a colour scheme has been difficult, to say the least. I've always felt a certain fondness for most, if not all of the crayons in my 52- delux crayola crayon pack. Except for orange. And burnt sienna. I digress. Anyway, I've always tried to be impartial to my crumbly wax comrades, so having to pick a favorite or three was heartwrenching.



 But, five months, ten boxes of kleenex, and forty six apologies later, the deed was done.



 


 


robin's egg blue, cotton candy pink, buttercream yellow, pale green, with splashes of hot pink and silver AND SPARKLE. Yes, sparkle is a colour - sparkle is the new black!

 


Without further ado, dessert is served!


 




Now, go brush your teeth! ;)


 


IMAGE CREDITS:  I have pictures from everywhere and have lost the links....some are from Martha Stewart, the knot, some from flickr users holiday_jenny, craftilyeverafter, and some are from others whose work I am blatantly using but humbly apologize for doing so :( If you know where these pictures are from, please let me know so that I can properly credit them!


4 comments:

Alanna said...

Hi there!! I have enjoyed your blog very much after you finished on Weddingbee, you were one of my favorites! Love your attention to detail and Harvey is adorable.

I am redoing my office and have been searching for a colour scheme and found it in your inspiration board, its exactly what I want!! can you tell me where you got the colours from? I would like to be able to match them for my decor scheme!!

Thank you/Thank you/Thank you!!!

p.s. you are adorable pregnant!

Jennifer said...

Love those colors and that cake. Cant wait to see if yours was similar :)
And yes, I agree, Sparkle is a color!!!

MRS. SHORTCAKE said...

@ Alanna: I can't really tell you "where" I got the colours from - because they aren't swatches of paint! :) I made my color selections on Photoshop, then made the color swatch and inspiration board up top! You could always try printing this post and bringing it with you to a home renovations place - they might be able to help you further!

Alanna said...

Thanks! Can't tell you how excited I am to start looking for all my elements, its like a lightbulb went off in my head as soon as I saw your inspiration board.