January 23, 2008

Today's Lesson: A + B + C = arrrggghhhhhhhh!


 



Seems like a simple enough equation, but then again, it's been years since I've needed algebra, so maybe my mad math skills are rusty. That MUST be the reason, because I can't find my dream shoes anywhere.


......sigh.




On any given good postured day, my height is somewhere between 5'8 1/2" and 5'9". Mr. Shortcake is 6'. So he says. (*ahem* Mr. Shortcake would like to assure the readers that he is, indeed, 6' tall) After rigorous scientific testing, we determined that I must wear flats, even if my hair isn't thanking anyone for a country music award on our big day.


 


"But it's not faaaiiirr...." says the petulant child within. "All the pretty shoes have high heels!!"






...and it is SO TRUE:



(Oscar de la Renta, I would kill a small, fluffy animal for these shoes. *my puppy looks at me in horror* ...correction Mr. (de? de la?) Renta ....I would NOT SMILE at a small fluffy animal for your shoes)

 





(d'Orsay pumps. In PINK. After seeing these shoes, and falling so deeply in love with them, I reread Mrs. Robin's post and got my name changed ASAP to "Miss Dee Orsay Shortcake")











(d'Orsay pumps...in BLUE! After seeing these ones, I went back to the DMV (after checking the hours - see I learn from others' mistakes :) ) and changed my name again - to "Miss Dee Dee Orsay Orsay" - I had to drop the Shortcake, there was no more room on the form... sorry honey :(







( Kate Spade's "nuptial." Miss Strawberry wore this style on her wedding day. I heart this style so much, and I heart you too Miss Strawberry! Come back! I miss your pink posts!)






 



(Laboutin. Often incorrectly pronounced as "droooooooooool...slobber...slobber")





(The shoes from the movie Marie Antoinette. I want the ones on the top left corner, the ones next to the ones on the top left corner, the pink ones next to the yellow ones, the tellow ones in the top right corner, the pink shoes in both of the bottom corners, the blue mules next to the yellow ones on the bottom row, and the second ones from the bottom right corner)




So there you have it, bees and girls. I always want what I can't have. But do my shoes exist? Somewhere? Do I have to break into a heartfelt broadway chorus - because I will - or can I trust you all to do your


 






 



 



 





 


No comments: