February 6, 2008

the Beleaguered Bunch



My poor bridesmaids. A patient lot to begin with, I am no doubt straining and stretching their limits with my indecisiveness. Every month a new colour, a new "maybe." Blue, green, grey, blue, green, slate, pink. You can see why my bridesmaids should be canonized by the end of this!


And no doubt they were relieved when I finally chose this Watters beauty in "coral' (sans giant hair mesh scrunchie)


  



{image source}


And although the shape was flattering, and the crumb-catcher bodice was gorgeous, the colour in actual application was not warm pink but


  



{Today Show throws a Martha Stewart Wedding}


ORANGE!!!! AUGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (no offence to anyone with orange bridemaids. Orange has just always been my personal arch nemisis)


So, my poor. beleaguered bridesmaids are waiting once again. I've narrowed my vision down to the following image:


THE IDEAL:



{Angela's wedding}



Angela T's wedding - I contacted her, but unfortunately she had had the dresses made by a seamstress. This is not an option for my bridesmaids, who are scattered thousands of miles away from me. I love the pale (but not ice) pink, the sweetheart neckline (to echo mine), and the the pink tulle peeping out beneath their hems.


 



THE COLOUR:  Any shade of warmer (not blue-ish), pale though medium, but not hot, pink.





{image sources: aria bridesmaids, the knot}

 

 

THE SILHOUETTE:







It looks like I have some more searching to do! My assignment, then:
















 


 Wish me luck!


No comments: