March 9, 2008

Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman

I remember my preteen years, unfortunately. I had a frizzy bob of uncontrollable hair, coke-bottle glasses, and wore high-waisted jeans with belly tops and snap-crotch bodysuits. (p.s., whoever misses the fashions of the early nineties is certifiably in-sane)

My hands were too big, my feet were too big, and the only direction my hems ever travelled was up - and at break-neck speeds. I was AWKWARD, with a capital everything. I had a different mad crush every week and wrote vociferously about my "true loves" in journals I kept hidden around my room and guarded with secret, surprisingly ineffective signs saying "KEEP OUT! THIS MEANS YOU! YOU'RE DEAD MEAT NOW!!"

Ahh, the preteen years. Until high school, it was the only time in my life where I felt simultaneously condescending towards everyone and conspicuously gawky.


By the time our wedding rolls around, two bridal party members will be in the thick of such pubescent turmoil ("awww man, did she just say 'puberty'? that's soooooo embarrassing!") as they will have reached the tender, hyper-sensitive ages of ten and twelve years old.

Because of their ages, they are much too mature to be flower girls, but still fall short of bridesmaid requirements (ie, puberty ..."awww man, she said it AGAIN!")

Thus, Ryan's lovely and oh-so-loveable cousins, Gretchen and Gertrude, (fake names have been used to protect their true identities) will be my junior bridesmaids.

Gretchen and Gertrude, I know you follow along with my weddingbee posts, so here is one for you two:

Which of the following dresses do you prefer?

And for the hive, which dresses do you prefer, and what other sweet flowergirl/junior BM dress sites can you recommend as our search continues?






No comments: