April 16, 2008

HELP CHOOSE THE SHORTCAKES' WEDDING SONG - PART ONE


Mr. Shortcake, like many meat-eating men of certain weight-lifting abilities, was not naturally gifted with the dancing gene. Going out to nightclubs almost guaranteed an appearance of 'The Crab' (envision the grumpy crustaceans from the end of Finding Nemo) and some stellar shuffling.

 


On the other hand, I and my sisters were born to dance. We live to dance. I've taken dance lessons off and on throughout my life (ballet, jazz, modern, jive, ballroom), so I feel completely at home on any dance floor, and am often the first (or only) one on it (Exhibit A: My cousin's wedding last summer, and me and my aunt bopping to the Shirelles, starting a retro-dance revolution!)


Putting Mr Shortcake and me together on the same dance floor? That usually resulted in:


A) The Crab
B) Mortified looks from me
C) Some awkward bumping into each other
D) A hasty retreat back to our table


It came as no shock to Mr. Shortcake then, when I suggested that we take dancing lessons together before the wedding. It was a huge shock to me, however, when Mr. Shortcake willing agreed. Without a fuss.


Woot! Woot!



 


No comments: