April 22, 2008

Pearls and pedals and petticoats, oh my!

I was elated (inflated?) when I saw this totally tubular post at one of my favorite wedding blogs, Toast and Tables:



(from Toast & Tables)


 


...BICYCLES!


Quirky, yes, charming, definitely - bicycles would make an exceptionally adorable entrance or exit for a casual, outdoorsy wedding, and as a motif are delightfully unexpected. I spent my university career pedalling around campus (often in heels for sorority meetings :) ) so bicycles definitely pull at my heart-strings, if not at my gear chain!


 



(from Pollyannacowgirlbags )
 
 



(Personalized stationary from onalimb)


Not just for transportation, bicycles could adorn seating cards, programs, and invitations if you had a cute stamp such as this one:



(Salt Spring Stamp)


 


 


More pretty pedalling:


 



  • An Oakland Bicycle Wedding:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVrO4iBTTsc


 Christina and Michael's wedding


 Offbeat bride bicycle weddings


 Chinese bicycle wedding


 


Even though I won't be theming my wedding after the "tour de coeur," I must say that this motif has definitely pedalled its way into my heart!


*insert collective groan over gratuitous puns here* 


What do you think of bicycles? Bi-pedalled bliss, or a nuptial no-go?


 


 


No comments: