April 1, 2008

Pink Ruffles and Sparkles = A Recipe for Succcess

Like Miss Robin, I am planning to wear a cardigan over my wedding gown during the reception, as it's being held outdoors (though under a heated tent) in October, in Canada, and my circulation is below par at the best of times.



A cardiagan is cozy, cuddly, warm, and just a touch "retroriffic" - perfect for dancing (it won't slip down like a shawl), and perfect for me. I picked up a couple of the new GAP cardigans for spring, and on my latest trip to Stella's Bridal Galleria, I tried them on with the sample of my wedding gown.




DISCLAIMER: I ate too much ice cream in March, and now the sample is unflatteringly tight, so I must apologize to your retinas before we proceed ;)



OPTION A:




I love this periwinkle blue/"dark wisteria" cardigan-but periwinkle is not one of the wedding colours. Dun dun dunnnnnn.
Reeeeeee-jected!



OPTION B:


This magenta/"pink" cardigan is very cute, and would look smashing if I replaced the buttons with sparkly vintage ones - but magenta makes me look green. Dun dun dunnnnnnn.
Dissssss-qualified!



OPTION C:


I completely heart this ballet pink/ "rose pink " ruffle crop cardigan. It's super soft, it has ruffles a la Darcy Miller (who I also heart),


and with the addition of this vintage brooch I picked up from ebay,
I think it's scrum-diddly-ump-tious!
The cropped length is the perfect length as well - any longer and it would look sloppy, I think.




Anybody else wearing a cardigan?


No comments: