April 1, 2008

Logic, overruled! The Case of the Invisible Ringbearer


 


Wow, six months. That means:



A) I survived the endless (and often pointless) researching of months fourteen through seven

B) People will stop saying "oh, October, that's so far away, have you done any planning yet?"- I never know how to respond to that - "um, yes, I am completely consumed with planning...?" - and will now switch to "oh, October, that's so soon, ...have you done any planning yet?" Sigh.






C) I'm out of middle-mark limbo and can begin wedding projects!







WOOT WOOT!








One wedding project that I'm not completely sure we need (as we aren't having a ring bearer) is a ring pillow. No ring bearer = no ring pillow, sounds logical enough.  But unfortunately logic stands little chance against:




Martha.




Linen ring pillow using vintage handkerchiefs (try ebay for the handkerchiefs, or a local flea market!)












 



* All pictures from http://www.marthastewart.com/









Oh Martha. The things you do to my brain. If it weren't for you (and a slight case of housekeeping OCD), my pantry wouldn't be arranged by height and food group, the lids on my flour and grain jars wouldn't be hand-painted a lovely robin's egg blue, a handmade paper boxwood wreath wouldn't hang above our bed, and my dog wouldn't wear ribbons half as much. But he does, and I did, and I do love Martha - even after reading her scathing unofficial biography by Jerry Oppenheimer.






 


So, because I am completely brainwashed (in a lovely shade of hen's egg taupe), I am currently looking at making a ring pillow for a ring bearer that we do not have.






Maybe one of the junior bridesmaids could carry it? What do you think?


 



 


1 comment:

linen and things said...

For years, I made the mistake of buying the wrong type of linen, bath products and other home products simply because I decided to buy from the big and popular names.
However , the love for linen isnt dying as far i am concerned :) . Thats why i am reading linen related blogs :)