August 10, 2008

Agnes, go stuff yourself.

 



Sometimes, when it's almost midnight, and you still have twelve more hand sewn felted birds to make, dark little niggling thoughts can creep into your brain. Thoughts like,


"are these birds really and truly cute? are people just trying to humour me? will placing these birds in our twig and flower centrepieces be way over-the-top...are my little feathered friends...TACKY?"


So it was very fortunate when, after adjusting the umpteenth tiny pink wing, I scrolled down on the Offbeat Bride to read this article.


Conclusion?


My wedding is SO TACKY. And your wedding, sweetheart? It's completely tacky too!


 


The author (Ariel, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) makes this brilliant point - you can never ever please everyone "because you see, “tacky” is in the eye of the beholder and there is always, always going to be someone who sees things differently than you."


That right there, folks, is the single most useful piece of advice for planning a wedding that I have EVER heard. Now that you have the power, please pass it on! :D


 


What "tacky" things are you doing/including in your wedding?


No comments: