January 6, 2008

***WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST MAY CAUSE CAVITIES***


(pic from ianfuller on flickr)




Like many other brides (and bees), choosing a colour scheme has been difficult, to say the least. I've always felt a certain fondness for most, if not all of the crayons in my 52- delux crayola crayon pack. Except for orange. And burnt sienna. And peach. I digress. Anyway, I've always tried to be impartial to my crumbly wax comrades, so having to pick a favorite or three was heartwrenching.


But, five months, ten boxes of kleenex, and forty six apologies later, the deed was done.



I would like to introduce to you, dear reader, to the chosen few:





(Crayola) Rank: 33







Rank: 49






Rank: 50




Rank 37

ACCENT COLOURS:






Rank: 43








Rank: 47





There they are, my saucy and sweet six. I've included their numbers so you too can take them out of your art box and gaze at them lovingly (....or whatever you do with your art supplies). Surprisingly, they work well together, and don't look so much like a baby's room (thanks Mrs. E!) in actual application. I hope.

So, here's the recipe for my wedding so far....




(from stylemepretty)

THEME: vintage 1950s

MOTIF: birds, hearts, paper dolls, chandeliers

COLOURS: robin's egg blue, cotton candy pink, buttercream yellow, pale green, with splashes of hot pink and silver AND SPARKLE. Yes, sparkle is a colour - sparkle is the new black!
and in case you couldn't see where this was going,

KEYWORDS: "dollhouse"…."swelegant"…."whimsical"…"charming"…and "tooth-achingly sweet like a pastry"


Without further ado, dessert is served!


NOTE: I have pictures from everywhere and have lost the links....some are from the knot, some from flickr users holiday_jenny, craftilyeverafter, and from many others whose work I am blatantly using but humbly apologize for doing so :( )


(click to enlarge my ideaboards)












Now, go brush your teeth! ;)

No comments: